Shoes 3.2.17 is available in the downloads directory. Important bug fixes for Windows and OSX and Windows gets a feature or two.
- OSX: fixes the disappearing text in a edit_line.
- All: packaging a directory works.
- Windows: Shoes/Windows can package for Windows.
New Windows Features (h/t Ian T, aka Backorder who helped a lot getting these features working)
- A new installer which adds a working uninstall menu item, a desktop icon link and is generally ‘not evil’ and is current with modern versions of NSIS practices’ unlike the five year old installer.
- Doesn’t use the shoes.bat file. It’s gone. Just invoke shoes.exe
- Shoes is installed (default) in “Program Files (x86)” but not in the “Common Files”
- The Shoes installation directory is added to Path environment variable so command line jockey’s can just type
- You may find Install and uninstall to be a little faster and a bit more informative.
A special “shout out” to the bug reporters. Don’t assume anyone is going to fix a bug if you don’t report it.