After @backorder moved the Shoes C code into a more logical configuration and I changed the rakefile mess to leverage that – It’s quite developer friendly now if you are of the C persuasion. Most Shoes folk will never see those changes and that’s OK with me. It was something that just needed to be done.
Turns out there is another task that ‘just needs to be done’ – cleaning up my computers by removing all the useless junk I have gathered over many years. Some junk was shoes related and some were just grand ideas I got involed with Shoes. I have a soft spot in my heart for the Raspberri Pi so I ordered an SSD and that board didn’t work, I ordered some more parts to make the ssd work in the main box because good money needs more good money and and then some more parts and then some head scratching on making all these Chinese adapters work and I was pushing GB’s of data around which is kind of slow.
I’m not done yet but I can see the light at end of the tunnel. It just needed to be done.