Finally. Yes it has been a long time. This was not a bunch of bug fixes although there are some of those. The previous post discussed what’s in 3.3.7 but I’ll include the Changelog here just in case you don’t want to read that post. We did add some thing since that post, mostly for shoes maintainers, hint -> see the Vagrant notes.
Download from here.
New with 3.3.7
- See wiki. https://github.com/shoes/shoes3/wiki/Shoes-3.3.7
- Multiple Monitor support.
- Menubar and menus
- Settings class
Provides Linux dbus registration.
- Gtk3 theming (Linux and Windows)
Most themes out there are not pure Gtk3 or are version or engine dependent – they may not work for you or your users.
- Merge style packaging for Windows avoids Win 10 packaging problems.
requires Windows machine or VM to perform Windows packaging.
- Merge style packaging for Linux – create deb
Must be done on a linux machine or VM
- Merge style packaging for OSX – must be done on OSX.
Fixed with 3.3.7
- Major fixes to radio buttons. Possible backwards compatibilty issues.
- Fewer complaints (none?) from Gkt 3.20+ systems
- OSX: fullscreen incomplete
- app.name = now works as documented.
May Break Existing Scripts
- command line –ruby working again
- OSX: buttons can be created that use non default height.
- Finally fixed the pristine gems error for OSX.
Developer Issues with 3.3.7
- Vagrant boxes are available for ease of building
- make/**/env.rb – link against distributed libyaml
- Added lib/package/* for merge packaging.
- Using nsis 3.03 for Windows installer. Maintained and faster!
with unicode and large string enabled. Potential to break
user written installers.
- Better cross build rakefiles: xrpi, xwin7 and xmsys2 targets.
- Includes plugin for MXE to build all Windows dependencies
new target ‘mxe’ is the preferred target for Windows
method of cross compiling for Windows.
- Resizing Windows with menubars manually https://github.com/shoes/shoes3/issues/430